The Bureau of Noncompetitive Research (Stacey Cann and Victoria Stanton) is seeking co-researchers in the greater Montreal region to explore themes of slowness, dialogue, collaboration, and pedagogy (in the broadest sense), via the creation of workshops between March and June, 2022 (with the possibility of extension). This call is open to students, professionals, artists, and others, and a diverse range of experiences and backgrounds are welcome.
Potential themes that may be a starting place for inquiry (not an exhaustive list):
- How do we engage students in their own learning?
- Is it possible for ethical exchange from diverse power positions?
- How do we make space for diverse ways of knowing & learning within the classroom?
- How does slowing down change our relationship with our students and coworkers?
- How do pressures from institutions affect the way we can or cannot slow down in our teaching practices? In our research practices?
Submit your proposal here: [email protected]